As a college preparatory school, First Baptist School is strongly committed to helping each student with college planning. The curriculum is designed to meet the admissions requirements of most colleges and universities. Opportunities to explore individual educational plans, objectives, strengths, talents and interests are constant.
A number of resources are available to the student for exploring colleges, their programs and admissions requirements. Information can be found online, by telephoning the various admissions offices and through the college counseling office of First Baptist School. Students and families are encouraged to conference with the college counselor to help with defining educational goals and interests. The college counselor will assist the student with the application and financial aid processes and serve as liaison with the college admissions office.
The college counseling office is located on the first floor of the high school building.
Philosophy of College Counseling
First Baptist School offers an extensive college counseling program that encourages students to
· Prepare early for college admission
· Consider a broad range of colleges
· Explore scholarship opportunities
The college counselor
· Facilitates the application process by serving as advocate for students
· Provides colleges with complete, accurate information regarding
· Offers support from the beginning to the end of the college and
scholarship search processes
· Educates students and parents about colleges and college admission
standards, procedures and trends
· Encourages the most comprehensive approach to college selection
· Maintains unbiased regard for the broadest spectrum of colleges